Photography and Post Processing Workshop - DELHI Dec 2017
It is easy to pick up the camera and start clicking. But the core differentiating factor from taking an image to making an image involves 4 key components without which your photography is incomplete. Did you know that there are at least 15 different things you need to take care of before hitting the shutter release button?
Your mentor, Sudhir Shivaram, will take you through each of these key components and help you master them with ease.
As part of the workshop, 3 of your images will be reviewed and critiqued to enable better understanding of these 15 tasks.
Sudhir’s images are frequently featured in various magazines including National Geographic, Sanctuary Asia, Saevus and a host of other online publishing media. He will also share tips on what it takes to get your images published.
Brief Workshop Highlights
- The main objective of the workshop is to help budding and entry level photographers understand the core fundamental concepts of photography and also get them up to speed on some of the advance concepts.
- During the field outing on day 2 Sudhir will share tips and tricks to help you implement your learning from day 1.
- Practical hands on session and assignments will be given to help you improve your field techniques.
- Know what it takes to get your images published in National Geographic and other reputed magazines.
- Day 2 afternoon involves hands on post processing.
Pre-Requisite for the Photography Workshop
- The participants are requested to get their own camera and lens. We can help you rent a camera or lens if needed.
- A DSLR is preferable, but a point & shoot will also do.
- No need to get your laptop for the photography workshop.
- You need to upload 3 of your photographs on the website(link will be sent to registered participants), which will be reviewed and critiqued during the workshop.
Pre-Requisite for the Post Processing Workshop:
A laptop with the following:
- A RAW processing software like Canon DPP (which comes with the CD), Capture NX or Adobe Camera RAW (part of photoshop package)
- Photoshop software (any version will do)
- PS Elements will also do, except that a few features will not be available to us.
- Download and install neatimage for noise removal (www.neatimage.com)
In case you do not have a copy of Photoshop, you can install the trial version of PS using the below link:
Adobe cloud consists of various adobe applications including Adobe Camera RAW, Bridge, Photoshop etc.
MODULE 1: SHUTTER, APERTURE AND THEIR RELATIONSHIP
f/ stop explained
The aperture/ shutter speed relationship
What happens to the performance of the lens at various f/ stops?
Depth of field explained
Working with depth of field
The depth of field scale
Depth of field preview
How to select the correct aperture and shutter speed for the job
Why use aperture priority, shutter priority or program mode?
How to put it all together
MODULE 2: EXPOSURE AND METERING
Different types of light meters
Reflective and incident metering
In-camera light meters
Different methods of metering
ISO and exposure compensation control
The 18% grey card and its uses
What is ISO and what does it do?
Brief description of the zone system
Practical exposure methods
Automatic Exposure Bracketing (AEB)
Reading the camera histogram
MODULE 3: HOW TO TAKE BETTER PHOTOS
What is important in the shot?
What am I trying to achieve?
Auto focus modes
Working on a subject
Vertical or horizontal
Framing and placement
Using the camera’s preview tools/ understanding histogram
Things to look out for and to avoid
Make a portfolio of shots you love
A mental shooting check-list
MODULE 4: CAMERAS, LENSES AND TRIPODS
What is the best camera to use?
How to pick the right lens for the job?
Tripods and Tripod Heads for your equipment.
Field outing from 7am to 10:00am to practice the learning of day1 and to execute the assignments. Location will be conveyed to registered participants.
Day 2 Post Processing Session: (1:30pm to 6:30pm):
1. Getting Started
- Digital Image, Native Resolution etc
2. Fundamentals of Colour Management, ICC Profiles, Colour Wheel
3. Introduction to Adobe Bridge
4. Camera RAW workflow (including White Balance, Custom White Balance, etc)
7. Levels / Curves / Saturation / Vibrance / Contrast / Burning and Dodging - > All using Layers
8. Removing Noise / Image Clean-up / Retouching Essentials
11. Finishing the workshop.
Reviews of "Photography and Post Processing Workshop - DELHI Dec 2017"
0Based on 0 rating
No review to display. Be the first person to review
Rs 7,000 + 18% GST for Basics & Advanced Photography Workshop
Rs 3,750 + 18% GST for Post Processing Workshop (Day 2 from 1:30pm to 6:30pm)
Rs 10,000 + 18% GST for combined package
Day 1: 9:30am to 5:30pm
Day 2: Field Outing from 7:00am to 10:00am
Day 2: Post Processing from 1:30pm to 6:30pm (Lunch provided at 12:30pm for post processing workshop participants)
Lunch and coffee/tea/snacks on day 1
Lunch and coffee/tea/snacks on day 2 for the post processing workshop.
*Any other expenses outside of the above will have to be borne by the individuals.
Group Size: 18-24
90% fee to be refunded if cancellation is done 30 days prior to the event.
50% fee to be refunded if cancellation is done between 15-30 days of the event.
25% fee to be refunded if cancellation is done between 15-7 days of the event.
No refund if cancellation is done between 0-7 days of the event.
Please note: The date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel is the date considered for calculation of the cancellation fees.